Lake Worth SailIng Club
Thank you and
Please think responsibly
We are having to update our current Covid Restrictions due to the new order from the governor.
From the Club
1. FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED TO ENTER ANY INDOOR FACILITIES OR INTERFACE WITH THE BOARD MEMBERS. All person over the age of ten (10), including visitors, invitees and contractors (“Patrons”), who enter the business must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief. - No matter the location. This is for the member’s safety. - The requirement of a face covering does not apply if covering the nose and mouth poses a significant mental or physical health risk to the individual. - The requirement of a face covering also does not apply when an individual is consuming a food or beverage or receiving a service where the wearing of a mask would impair the performance of the service
2. SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS. Even with the use of appropriate face coverings, individuals should maintain six feet of social distancing whenever possible. - Members should not work within six (6) feet of one another, except to the extent necessary to provide services. - Patrons should maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals outside their household, to the extent feasible while wearing masks indoors. - Patrons on the grounds but outdoors must also maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals outside their household.
3. GUESTS. We are asking that Members only bring a maximum of one (1) guest to the club. We do not need a bunch of strangers running around. We have a small private club, we need to help by not spreading the virus. We also remind our Members that they are responsible for their guest and their guests actions.
The current Executive Orders may generate the following questions that I would like to address: - How long will the County Executive Order be in affect?
- Will I be required to wear a face covering while visiting the clubhouse, office, etc.?
-Will Members/Guest be required to wear a face covering while in the Office?
- Will Members be required to wear a face covering while on the Docks, Grounds or Sailing?
- Can Members be asked to leave if they do not comply with the Executive Order?
From the City
If you are younger than 10 years of age If you have a medical condition or disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering If you're consuming food or drink; you're exercising outdoors; you're in a swimming pool (lake or similar body of water); you're voting (but it's strongly encouraged); you're obtaining a service that requires temporary access to your face such as visiting a bank or a security screening; you're giving a speech to an audience; you're actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship (but it's strongly recommended). What Does the Executive Order State? That beginning July 3, 2020 (12:01PM) every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a public building/space or when in an outdoor public space where maintaining six feet of social distancing from another person (not from the same household) is not feasible. This means that you need to wear a mask both indoors and outdoors if you're not six feet from another person. When is it Okay to Not Wear a Mask? What's the Penalty or Fine for Not Wearing a Mask? There will be a verbal or written warning for a first time violation of the face-covering requirement. A second violation is a fine that will not exceed $250. Any violation after that will be $250 for each violation. There is no arrest or jail-time penalty for violation of the face covering requirement. Are Gatherings of 10 or More People Allowed? The Governor also signed a Proclamation on July 2, 2020 prohibiting people from gathering in groups of more than 10 people. The groups of 10 people must maintain social distancing practices as well. How Long is this In Effect? There is no end date on either the Face Covering Requirement (GA-29) or the limited gathering size. It will be determined by the Governor when these restrictions and requirements will be lifted in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Governor Abbott Executive Order GA-29 "Use of Face Covering" FAQ FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT FORTWORTHTEXAS.GOV/COVID-19/ IN EFFECT ON JULY 3, 2020
Link to CDC website
Link to Tarrant County website